1. Controller and Data Protection Officer
If you have any inquiries regarding personal data processing, you can contact us using the contact details provided at the following link (link: https://nepoznata-krka.eu/naslovna/sluzbenik-za-zastitu-osobnih-podataka/
2. Types of Data that we Process
Through the Website, we collect and store certain personal data that concern you (e.g. information which can be used to identify you as an individual, either directly or indirectly, with particular reference to identifiers, such as name, location data, online identifiers, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity (“Personal Data“)). We may request that you provide Personal Data to us, e.g. when you use the order form for our services, when you submit comments or inquiries, request information, participate in promotions, contests or prize games, or when you use other features or functions on the Website.
Unless you provide them voluntarily, the Krka National Park will not collect your Personal Data when you visit the Websites, with the exception of such items of Personal Data which are collected through information systems and programs used to make the Website operational whose transmission is essential to the use of web communication protocols (e.g. IP addresses), and will not request more information than necessary to participate in the activities provided on the Websites. If you do not want to provide Personal Data to us (other than those associated with the use of web communication protocols which are usually collected during a website visit), you will still be able to access the Websites, but you will not be able to participate in certain promotions, create login credentials required to use certain functions on the Websites, activate or use a service, fill out an order form, or receive product information.
Certain pages within the Websites may allow you to create login credentials by entering your username/user ID or e-mail address and password and other information. If you decide to create login credentials via your account using one of the authentication tools available on social networks, you allow us to access your Personal Data, which are or which you have made publicly available (e.g. name, used ID, profile photo), and other information you “allow” the Website to access. Therefore, if you use an authentication method provided on a social network, you allow us to receive the available data that concern you. We advise you to check the privacy policies of the relevant third parties, as well as all the terms and conditions associated with the use of the selected authentication method.
When you connect to the Website, we gain access to certain Personal Data (e.g. IP address, purchase settings, profiling features) which may include identifiers that enable us to send tailored advertisements to your device, and to certain technical, non-personal data which, if taken separately, may not be used to identify an individual (“Non-personal Data”, e.g. type of web browser) that may be collected and stored through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. In addition, certain other parties, such as our advertising partners and analytics service providers, may, if you give an informed consent in that regard, collect information about your web activity in a particular period of time via the Websites as well. Such data help us update the Website to keep it interesting to our visitors and ensure that the content of the same corresponds to their interests. If you disable cookies, we may not be able to optimize your visit to the Website, and certain features provided on the same may not be available to you in that case.
3. Purposes of Processing, Legal Bases for Processing, and Possible Consequences of Non-provision of Personal Data
- A) taking measures in response to your request prior to concluding a contract or accepting an offer (e.g. responding to your inquiries and comments; fulfilling your demands; communicating with you regarding your activities on the Website);
- B) performing a contract to which you are a party, or executing individual parts of an offer/account when you order our products/services (e.g. allowing you to access certain sections and features on the Website; executing your purchase orders or orders for commercial services offered on the Website; providing services to clients);
- C) investigating the cases of suspected fraud or harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, Website policies or third-party rights; or investigating any suspicious behavior we consider inappropriate;
- D) complying with the statutory obligations to which the Krka National Park is subject (e.g. making disclosures prescribed by a law/regulation, or a court order);
- E) for the purposes of or in connection with legal actions, establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- F) sending advertising or direct marketing materials, conducting market research, making data analyses, or distributing commercial communication via electronic tools (SMS, e-mail, social networks), regardless of whether by automated (e.g. calls without an operator) or non-automated means (e.g. calls with an operator), relying on appropriate legal bases;
- G) providing your Personal Data to selected advertising partners for their marketing purposes relying on appropriate legal bases.
Provision of Personal Data for the purposes described under items F and G is voluntary. Non-provision of such Personal Data or objecting to the relevant processing of data relying on appropriate legal bases relating to your particular situation may render the Krka National Park unable to send advertising or direct marketing materials, conduct market research, make data analyses, distribute commercial communication and/or forward your Personal Data to selected advertising partners for their marketing purposes. We will still, however, be able to contact you for administrative purposes, such as to confirm an order or make inquiries regarding your further requests.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed, in close association with the above-mentioned purposes, only to:
- entities that need such data to execute a request or order, deliver packages, send mail and e-mail, remove duplicate data from client lists, analyze data and provide marketing support, process credit card payments and provide customer services, who typically process Personal Data on behalf of the Krka National Park as processors;
- persons authorized by the Krka National Park to process Personal Data, who are legally obligated to protect data confidentiality (employees of the Krka National Park);
- law enforcement services and public authorities if so required by the governing law or in good faith (e.g. to comply with statutory provisions applicable to, or legal actions involving the Krka National Park; to protect and defend the rights or property of the Krka National Park and this Website; or to take measures to ensure personal safety of users of the Krka National Park, its Website or public in emergency situations);
- business partners for their purposes solely in reliance on appropriate legal bases.
5. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries
The Krka National Park reserves the right to transfer Personal Data to third countries provided they ensure an adequate level of legal protection of the rights and freedoms of users.
In this context, Personal Data are transferred only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the transfer is necessary to perform contractual obligations/services;
- the transfer is necessary to implement the pre-contractual measures taken in response to the client’s request;
- the transfer is necessary to conclude or perform a contract concluded with a third party in the client’s interest;
- the transfer is required by law for important reasons of public interests;
- the transfer is necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- the transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of users.
The Krka National Park will process your Personal Data only for so long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in Section 2. Where the purposes described in Sections 2.F and 2.G are concerned, your Personal Data will be processed until you exercise your right to object to, or restrict such processing. In addition to the above, the Krka National Park will retain your Personal Data for such period as may be required or permitted in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
7. Your Rights
Please be advised that, pursuant to and to the extent permitted by the governing law, you have the right to request from the Krka National Park to access your Personal Data and rectify or erase them, restrict the processing of your Personal Data, object to a particular processing activity, or lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. You also have the right to know the recipients or the categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data have been or will be disclosed, in particular the recipients in third countries.
8. Links to other Websites
9. Children’s Privacy Protection
The Krka National Park takes children’s privacy protection very seriously. We manage the Website in accordance with all relevant laws applicable in the jurisdiction stated below. We do not knowingly collect Personal data that concern any person under sixteen (16) or, if permitted under the governing law, under thirteen (13) years of age. Before providing any Personal Data to the Website, the children under sixteen (16) or, if permitted under the governing law, under thirteen (13) years of age must obtain permission from their parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that the user is under the above-specified age, we will not use or retain his/her Personal Data without obtaining consent of his/her parent(s)/guardian(s). Without such consent, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. The parent/guardian may inspect, remove, change, or deny further collection or use of the Personal Data that concern their child by contacting us using any of the options stated in the Managing Your Personal Data section (please state the child’s name, address and e-mail address).
10. Security Practices / Safeguards
We consider protection of your personal data extremely important. We have therefore established appropriate physical, electronic and management processes in order to protect the data we collect. However, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that the communication between you and us, or the data stored on the Website or our servers will be completely safe and secure, i.e. protected from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers. By using the Website, you accept this risk. To the maximum extent permitted by the governing law, we will not be liable for any damages (including, but not limited to, any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive losses or other damages of any kind, whether contractual (including fundamental breaches), extra-contractual (including incidents of negligence) or other) that you may suffer as a result of unauthorized access to, or loss, misuse or alteration of any data you provide to the Website.
11. Governing Law/Jurisdiction
12. Transfer of Property
In the course of operation we may sell or acquire property. If some other entity acquires the Krka National Park, or all or substantially all of our assets, the Personal and Non-personal Data we have collected concerning the users of the Websites may be transferred to such person. Furthermore, if a bankruptcy or reorganization procedure is initiated against us, such data may be considered our property/assets and, as such, sold or transferred to third parties.
15. Contact Details
- 1. Data Protection Officer (link: https://nepoznata-krka.eu/naslovna/sluzbenik-za-zastitu-osobnih-podataka/),
- 2. Contact Us Page (link: https://nepoznata-krka.eu/kontakt/).
All content posted on this Website is subject to copyright. Unauthorized use of any section of this Website or its content will be considered copyright infringement and, as such, subject to legal action.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information stored on your personal computer while you browse the website you are visiting. Cookies allow easier website use since they store your settings for a particular website (your preferred language or location), and activate the same when you return to that website. This allows the website to present you with information customized to fit your needs and user habits.
How to disable cookies?
If you disable cookies, you prevent the website from storing cookies on your computer. Cookie settings can be configured and changed in the selected web browser, and also via the link provided at the bottom of this page. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use certain website functions.
What are temporary cookies?
Temporary, non-persistent or session cookies are deleted from your personal computer when you close the web browser you have been using to browse the website. By using cookies of this kind, websites store temporary data.
What are permanent cookies?
Permanent, persistent or stored cookies are those that remain on your personal computer even after you close the web browser. By using cookies of this kind, websites store data in order to ensure easier future use. For example, the websites that require a username and password will “remember” your entries, which will then appear whenever you revisit the same. Permanent cookies may remain on your computer for days, months or years.
What are first-party cookies?
What are third-party cookies?
Third-party cookies are sent to your computer from other web locations found on the website you are browsing. We are referring, for example, to ‘pop-up’ ads, where the cookies are used to track websites for advertising purposes.
What types of cookies does this website use?
Session cookies – the cookies that will be automatically deleted when you close the browser you have been using.
Persistent cookies – the cookies which will remain “stored” in your web browser until they expire or you manually delete them. The collected data are anonymous, and do not include your personal data.
Does the website use any third-party cookies?
There are several external services that store limited cookies on your computer, which have not been set by this website. Limited cookies allow unrestricted use of the features ensuring easy access to the content. This website supports visitor tracking via Google Analytics.
Additional information about disabling cookies
There are several websites that can be used to disable cookies used by different services. More information is available on the following links: